Sunday, August 28, 2011

contemporary magic: a tarot deck art project

After great interest and some encouragement, I finally got my first tarot deck. I've been spending the past month or so learning about the deck and the individual cards, pulling out a couple a day to study individually.

I happened to stumble across a deck that was being created as an art project, with individual artists taking on different cards. I was thrown for an exciting loop when I found that the fashion community made up a large portion of the art in this deck entitled "Contemporary Magic: A Tarot Deck Art Project".

Here are some of my favorite images from the deck (showing designs by Karl Lagerfeld, Christian Louboutin, Vivienne Westwood, and threeASFOUR).
 






1 comment:

  1. I love the Nine of Cups! Although Lagerfeld looks more like a King of Swords in that shot. Hope you're still having fun with the cards!

    ReplyDelete