Sunday, April 22, 2012

crafty weekend

This has been the first weekend in a WHILE that I haven't been super busy... So how did I spend my lazy weekend? :) 

-I went on bike rides and jogging adventures around town (saw lots of wildlife, including turtles in a pond I was jogging past, a crane flying over the water, and evil mocking birds attacking each other). 
-Watched lots of Misfits episodes. 
-Took a nap. 
-Cleaned my entire apartment.

-... and... this is how I dirtied it up again! :)

Strawberry Shortcake Waffles (on whole wheat waffles) for brunch! Yummm! :)


perfect lil brunch for two

Made a clutch based off of this tutorial. I'm going to make 4 total, for my 3 bridesmaids and my flower girl! :) 


I used some old fabric for the outside, and then bought the zippers, thread to match the fabric I already had, some fusible interfacing and some heavier quilting fabric than what was called for on the tutorial (because I liked the look and feel of it better, and figured it would make the clutch have more shape). All of the supplies to make about 6 clutches cost me about $25! (I was looking to buy something similar off of etsy for them before at about $32 apiece! All in all, I saved about $100! -- now that's what I call being thrifty!)


Newspaper print nails! They're not the best ever, BUT I was proud of myself since this was my first time trying to do something cool with my nails. Inspired by my friend Ricklie, who is the queen of fancy nails. 
 After I finished the bag! So excited! :) 


Hope everyone had an awesome weekend! :) Time to get back into the swing of things... 

No comments:

Post a Comment